Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Engagement of My Dreams!

Some of you may know that I am recently engaged. It happened on a family trip to Disney World, and it couldn't have been more perfect. It just so happened that my family and his family would be in Orlando at the same time. It was Thanksgiving weekend to be exact, so you can imagine the amount of people at the parks. Packing and getting ready for the vacation, I had a hint of a proposal, actually more a hope for one. He knows how much I love Disney World, and even more the fact that both of our families would be there at the same time. Chris had a whole speech prepared. It was Thanksgiving, and so he had even warned me that he would probably say a little something when both families got to the park. It was so like him to really open up with our families, so I really didn't think anything of it. We were all finally together and were able to take a huge family picture right in front of the castle! I thought I was going to pass out from all the happiness. His parents home base is in Florida, so we don't get to see them very often so it was just great to have them meet my family and see where I come from. You would've thought the smile on my face at this point would become permanent because of how happy I was. Then, he stops everything right next to this castle on this bridge over some water. He starts off by thanking everyone for being there then he turns to me. He starts talking about me, and oh man I'm starting to get emotional. Still no idea of the question he's about to ask. I could've sworn I blacked out because of all the excitement, and next thing I know I see him on his knee with my gorgeous ring in the palm of his hand! Tears are filling my eyes and I can't even see at this point! Of course my answer is the one you can expect. It was the most important answer I will give my entire life! I am SO HAPPY that his dad got everything on video because I know I was blacking out there HAHA. All in all, he picked the perfect - everything. It happened right next to Cinderella's castle, both sets of families there, beautiful weather, the perfect man... There's not one thing that I would've had him do differently. And now it is recorded for me to be able to watch over and over - which I have! I am so amazingly blessed to have found the man of my dreams and surround myself with friends and family who mean so much. Thank you to my future husband who has continued to make my dreams come true.